Wednesday 20 July 2016

IT'S TIME TO LIVE IN THE MOMENT!





"Once I quit my job, I'll spend more time with my family."
"When I get married, I'll be happy."
"I'm waiting to make enough money."
"Once my wife turns thirty, I'll surprise her with her favorite dress."
"Once I complete this course, I'll spend more time with my friends."
"Come the end of July, when I graduate, I'll concentrate more on my passion."
"Once I retire, I will travel the world."

But  you're still employed, or single or studying. We are here! It's happening! It's real!

As of now, you can still carve out time from your busy schedule to spend with your family.
As of now, you can choose to be happy in your single-hood.
As of now, you can purpose to set aside fifteen minutes everyday to hone your passions.
As of now, you can set aside time in your downtime to travel the world

There is no someday, you know, there is only right now!
We need to focus our energy on improving the quality of the present reality instead of projecting all those improvements into the realm of someday.

Enough countdowns to Fridays and  D-days.
Enough hoping for the next semester, next chapter and next month.
Enough sitting tight for your soul mate while rehearsing all your lines.
Enough waiting for a massive turn around when your small daily inputs count for the ultimate change.

The present is here and it's all we've got. Enjoy the warmth of the sun while you still can. Enjoy the smile of your loved ones. Enjoy the downpour while it rains. Enjoy all the seasons of your life; For in teenage hood, you'll miss your childhood years of chasing after butterflies. In your twenties, you'll miss your teenage years of playing in the rain. In your forties, you'l miss your youthful zest and vigor. In your old age, you'll miss your years of parenting and raising a family.
May we live, love, laugh and learn,..in the moment! For in the years to come, all this will be a fragment of our memory.

So let us choose the present over distance potential in our minds.
Let us find joy in the now, not in the future unseen, and unrealized moments.
Let us love in the moment, not in the months up and coming.
Let us celebrate today's small feats instead of waiting for next years grand victories.
Today, let's put all our energy in the now and not in the future blurred illusions.

It's not enough to create a future of joy when your present is the opposite. What's holding back your joy at the moment? What assurance do you have that once you get what you want that your joy will be full?
Truth is, projecting too much what we want in our future will hurt the enjoyment of our present.
Let's stop all the rushing and chasing and ask ourselves; How can we experience, joy, fulfillment and total bliss in the moment?

For now, the moment is what really counts. Cheers to living, laughing, learning, loving and enjoying every bit the present moment has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment