Tuesday 24 May 2016

STRATEGY: START WITH LOVE


"Do what you love. Love what you do. Do it for love. Do it with Love. Whatever you do, always start with Love."
-Anonymous-

Here, in five sentences is a profound psalm of life; the blue print to finding your purpose in life. Written more than a hundred years ago(I suppose), this wisdom is as relevant today as when it was penned. This is one of the  mantras that I live by. After pondering over the above lines one Sunday afternoon, I began to realize how important it is to be always guided by love. I came to understand and appreciate the fact that, our words and deeds are of no purpose unless they're out of love. The love we have towards our work, passions, talents and gifts not only illumines our life, but the lives of others around us, whether directly or indirectly.

That said, it's important to reflect upon those particular things we love doing because there in, lies our passion, which ultimately leads us right to our purpose. Finding your passion is about finding your authentic self; those things that light you up from the inside, those things that are closest to your heart, those things that bring out the best in you. In finding them, be what no one else can be. Go big! Go hard! Go all the way in! Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all, be passionate about it.
I believe there's nothing as fulfilling, purposeful and liberating as doing those things that we are passionate about.

A huge part of loving your passion is by giving it the respect it deserves. By respect, I mean giving it the required time and effort.We must  endeavor to carve  time out of our busy schedules to ignite our passions. It could be a routine you can practice, a chapter you can read, an article you can write, a recipe you can try, a kilometer you can run. You name it! Consistency is key!
Once you start pouring your energy into your passion, you'll most definitely be on your way to living your purpose.

 A story is told by the Chinese sage Chuang-Tzu of a man who forged swords for a maharaja. Despite his old age, his work was always carried out with exceptional precision and skill. One day, the maharaja asked the old man, "Is this your natural talent or is there a special technique that you use to create your remarkable results?" "It is concentration on the essentials." replied the sword- crafter. "I took to forging swords when I was twenty one years old, I did not care about anything else. If it was not a sword, I did not look at it or pay attention to it. Forging swords became my passion and my purpose. I took all the energy that I did not give in other directions and put it in the direction of my art. This is the secret to my mastery"

This story is so simple yet profound. May we always remember that talent and hard work are not synonymous but are conjoined.  May we always remember to put in the hours to ignite our passions and to spread love through out the world with our God-given gifts and talents.

Stay passionate. Won't you?

Sincerely Beccah.




No comments:

Post a Comment